Wednesday 23 May 2012

My First Food Blog Post



:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

Today’s blog isn’t on pregnancy! Nope, it’s actually about yesterday’s dinner.  I thought it’s about time you got to know the other dominant aspects of my life, FOOD. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I know by now I’ve mentioned that I lurve food in most of my posts, but that’s not enough. No, I actually feel like I’ve been neglecting my passion. SNIFF SNIFF. You’re probably thinking “c’mon, what’s new about this, who doesn’t love food?” Well, it might not be new but I’m not just talking about eating food, I’m talking about eating it, cooking it, reading about it and even dreaming about it. Honestly, I’m not exaggerating. Truth be told, how much I tell you about my love for food, it will still be an understatement!

Anyway, you’ll get some idea about my obsession the more you get to know me. Now, getting back to last night’s dinner, one of my ultimate favourite dishes has to be the SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE. It something I have to eat at least once a month. And a few days ago, I suddenly realised how I didn’t remember when the last time I ate it was. Now, that’s bad, so bad that I got upset and thought “oh my days, I NEED to eat Spaghetti Bolognese as soon as possible”. So, I went out bought the necessary ingredients and cooked it yesterday. YAY.

Now, I enjoyed it so much that I want you to try it. Please if you do try it; take the time to tell me what you think of it as I’m hoping to Professionally CHEF one day and any feedback will be helpful.
BEWARE, this isn’t your traditional recipe so if you’re a PURIST, you might want to turn away!





SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE

Serves: 4
Duration: 2 hours

Ingredients:
(Please Wash and Dry all fresh vegetables and meat prior to use)

  • 500g Lean Beef, minced
  • 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 50g Butter
  • 200g Onions, chopped finely
  • 200g Carrots, chopped finely
  • 20g Garlic, Grated or chopped very finely
  • 1 ½ tsp. Salt
  • 1 ½ tsp. Black Pepper
  • ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
  • ½ tsp. Dried Thyme
  • 2 tbsps. Worcestershire Sauce
  • 400ml Chicken stock
  • 2 tbsps. Tomato Puree
  • 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
  • 2 tbsps. Lemon Juice
  • 15g Parsley, chopped finely
  • 5g Basil, chopped finely
  • 55g your chosen cheese to grate over
  • Few leaves of Basil to garnish


Method:

  1. Heat the oil and butter in a pot, add the onion, carrot & garlic, saute over a medium heat until soft and translucent ( approx. 5mins)
  2. Then, add the mince, salt, black pepper, turn the heat up to medium to high and fry for about 5mins. Also, use a wooden spoon to break any lumps of mince.
  3. After 5 mins, add the oregano, thyme and Worcestershire sauce and brown for a further 5 minutes.
  4. Once browned and any liquid from the mince has evaporated. Add the stock and Tomato puree bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the all the stock has been absorbed.
  5. Then, add the tin tomatoes, lemon juice, chopped basil, chopped parsley, bring to a boil, turn the heat down to low, cover the pot and simmer for 1 ½ hours. Stirring occasionally and adding little amounts of water if the mixture is sticking to the bottom of the pan.
  6. During the last 10 minutes of the mince cooking, cook your spaghetti according to the pack.
  7. Lastly, serve. Sprinkle individual servings with some cheese, garnish with basil leafs and serve with Garlic bread and A salad.





I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...