Saturday 14 July 2012

26th Week: Despite the Weather


:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

Despite the weather which has been wet, humid and at times very grey, I have tried to brighten up my days this week by doing some wonderful things.

My 26th Week started off with a small indoor summer lunch for friends and family. I themed my small party to be bright and sunny. I made Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Turkey Ham Baguettes, Tuna Pasta Salad which all went down a treat. Also, my first attempt at making a simple quiche was very successful. But what was spectacular was my desserts table, which consisted of Lemon Cupcakes, Red Velvet Cake Pops, Jam Tarts, Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and Buttercream Frosted Rose Cake (all home-made, aren’t I proud of myself!). It was wonderful, I had a great time catching up with everybody and enjoying good food. Despite the weather being rainy and cold outside it actually did feel like summer inside.

:: My Bright Summer Lunch ::
:: My Bright Summer Desserts Table ::

Mid-week I headed over to lovely mother’s place to dress my sister for her prom. On the day, the weather was quite good to me as it didn’t rain while I was on my way. But, it did start raining as soon as I got into my mum’s house and despite the weather my sister was still looking forward to wearing a Saree and 3 inch high heels! Dressing her up in a bright Saree and putting make up on her was hilarious. My gorgeous sister brightened up my day despite the weather outside.

Shopping in the rain, while eating Bombay Mix out of plastic cup! Now doesn’t that sound interesting. Well, that’s what I did this week. In busy row of shops in Shadwell, I found my way through busy people, dodged the rain (well, tried to), bought fish and ate Bombay mix out of a cup throughout the whole time! Despite the weather, it was fun and somewhat revitalising doing all of that while it was pouring down!

Finally, Despite the weather my wild child has been wearing shorts throughout the whole week and as much as I disagreed at the time. Now looking back, just watching him jump around in shorts did actually make me believe it was summer that little bit more.

When it comes down to my unborn sprog, obviously the term is not “despite the weather” it is “regardless of the weather” and regardless of the weather he/she has been becoming naughtier by the day. Kicking and moving more while I’m sleeping and not moving or kicking for anybody else to feel. As much as I know it’s just all a big coinkidink, I do at times believe that he/she does it on purpose!

So, that’s my 26th Week, How is or was yours and what did you do?

That’s all for now,

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...