Sunday 9 September 2012

My Hospital Bag is Packed!!!


:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Greetings *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:
Yes, I’ve packed my hospital bag! I started thinking about my hospital bag since I found I’m pregnant (Can you believe that was thirty weeks ago? I can’t) and started buying little bit and bobs since then. I’ve realised many women dread the whole hospital bag matter and like to leave it as late as possible but I actually found it to be one of the exciting parts of being pregnant and have been waiting to pack my bag! I would have done it earlier, however I couldn’t because a lot of the things that I’ve packed have been things that I’ve been using throughout my pregnancy but now I have more reasons to just pack it all up.
I’ve only packed for a day (well twenty-four hours) and I hope I don’t have to even stay that long. My midwife’s assured me that I can come home after two hours of giving birth as long as the birth is without any complications, I don’t need to have a C-section and I’m well. But, in case I need to stay longer there will be a second bag packed at home that can easily be picked up/dropped off.
:: My Hospital Bags ::
I’m planning on taking a small trolley case and a rucksack, but I’ve only packed the case as the rucksack is going to be used for drinks and food which I’ll pack on the day of birth or on the day I go into hospital.
Enough of me babbling on and here is what I’ve packed in my hospital bag:
For Me, Myself and I
:: My Hospital Bag: What I've packed for Labour ::
Labour:
  1. Birthing Gown, a Primark nighty that I’m going to bin so don’t mind it getting nasty
  2. Camera
  3. Hot Water Bottle, my comfort when I’m in pain
  4. Hydrant Water Bottle (I love the idea of this)
  5. iPod and Speakers
  6. Lip Balm, oh I so needed this last time but didn’t have it so I’m not making the same mistake again.
  7. Pregnancy notes
  8. Nintendo Ds
  9. Slippers
  10. Small Spray Water Bottle for spritzing myself during labour
  11. Snacks: Lucozade Tablets, Lollipops, Chewits, Nature Valley Cereal Bars
:: My Hospital Bag: What I've packed for the Post-partum/After-delivery ::
Post-Partum:
  1. Boots Maternity Pads x2 Packs of 10
  2. Nursing Bras x2
  3. Socks x2 Pairs
  4. Granny Underwear x5, I don’t like the disposable underwear so I bought a pack of Primark ones that I don’t mind binning.
  5. Going Home Outfit
  6. Toiletry Bag
  7. Flip Flops
  8. Snacks: Nice Biscuits, More Nature Valley Bars
  9. Wallet with a debit card and loose change for vending machines
  10. Straws and Disposable Cutlery. I prefer to use disposable cutlery and I love MY STRAWS (I think I’m addicted to them)
  11. Hand Disinfectant
  12. Make-Up Bag. I know a lot of women don’t care about how they look or don’t find putting on make-up on necessary but I know I will. I was very cautious about how I looked while giving birth (YES, DURING LABOUR) to my wild child as well as after the delivery so this time I’ll probably be more cautious. And, I don’t see any harm in a little comfort after a lot that hard labour!
  13. Nighties x2
  14. Small water jug for soothing while using the toilet.
  15. Triple Velvet Toilet Roll, you might think this is unnecessary but you’d be wrong if you are. After the episiotomy last time, using hospital toilet roll felt like sand paper so this is crucial for me.
  16. Lansinoh Breast Pads x6 Pairs
  17. My Medication including Arnica Tablets
  18. Dettol Wipes, I hate using public toilets and bathrooms but I know I’m most likely going to need to use the hospital ones so these will help me take necessary precautions.
  19. Towel
:: My Hospital Bag: All the toiletries I've packed ::
Toiletries Bag:
  1. Colgate Toothpaste
  2. Cotton Buds
  3. Dentyl Mouthwash
  4. Dove Deodorant
  5. Hair Brush
  6. Hair Ties
  7. Lansinoh Nipple Cream
  8. Liz Earl Clean & Polis Face wash
  9. Liz earl Moisturiser
  10. Muslin cloth for my face
  11. Olive Oil
  12. Simple Unscented Shampoo
  13. Simple Unscented Shower Gel
  14. Toothbrushes (I these)
:: My Hospital Bag: The Make-Up I have packed ::
Make-Up Bag:
  1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturise
  2. Mac Studio Finish Concealer
  3. Rimmel Mascara
  4. Urban Decay 24/7 Zero eyeliner Pencil
  5. Body Shop Blusher with blusher brush

For My Baba
:: My Little Baba's section ::
  1. Blanket
  2. Cotton Wool Pads
  3. First Outfit
  4. Going Home Outfit Including Jacket
  5. Nappies x10
  6. Spare Outfit

So, that’s my Hospital Bag. As for the things that I’m going to pack in My Food Bag (rucksack):
  • Sandwiches
  • Frozen Lucozade
  • Ribena

So that’s my hospital bag all packed and ready to go (I hope I haven’t forgotten anything!). But, I’ve got something for you as well, here’s a downloadable Hospital Checklist that I’ve made for the convenience of being able to print it out and having everything on one list. I found many helpful lists but not all of them featured the same things or the things I need so I made my own. To download it just click on the link below and I hope you find it useful.


That’s all for now my lovelies so until next time,

:-•:*"*:•.-:¦:-•* Ta-ra *•-:¦:-•:*'''*:•-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...